Wednesday 21 December 2011

C start.

Over the past week, I've been spending time making a start on building a 3D game engine for the Sony PSP. Most of this time was spent playing around with the package Blender and then exporting to a format that another 3D thingy can read, I think it was Maya. Then I needed to convert the graphical instance, or object, or whatever into a GMO format.

Once I got this done with all of the textures and stuff (and realising that I really really couldn't be a 3D artist), I started working on the actual engine. It's no where near complete (see the version number, still very alpha), but it's a start - available here: http://pastebin.com/Lrsi0wuS.

Anyway, I realised how much I like C, so that's good. Not quite as much as assembly programming, but close enough. There's a lot to do, so I need to get on with it.

Close up on the PSP

No comments:

Post a Comment